I can not believe it has been a year since the last Share a Story, Shape a Future literacy blog tour!
We have been working behind the scenes since last summer to pull together another fantastic week of posts. What do you have to look forward to this year?
From the blog:
We have framed out our daily topics and here is what we’ll be talking about
- The Power of a Book – From the literal power of owning a book and a good story to the intangible power that comes with knowing how to read.
- The Gift of Reading – Whether you’re looking for a book to excite a reader, want to help someone learn to read or celebrate the “gift” … it’s covered.
- Unwrapping Literacy 2.0 – With all of the talk of digital literacy, e-readers, etc. What does “literacy” look like in this new century?
- Love of Reading v. Homework – Do they have to be at odds? We’ll talk about ways to help readers at home and at school.
- The Gift that Keeps on Giving – To wrap up the week we’ll be remembering “that moment” when we realized we were a reader or writer and how to celebrate it with others. Lots(!) of interviews this day.
Here at my blog, I will be co-hosting Friday and the theme is “Literacy: The Gift that Keeps on Giving”. A great group of authors have volunteered to share their stories about the gift of reading- both giving the gift and receiving it. It’s going to be a fantastic day!
I will also be participating on Thursday, which focuses on keeping school from interfering with the gift of literacy. Here on my blog, I will be gathering a group of authors who will be sharing how they use writer’s notebooks. The authors have been kind enough to share photos from their notebooks and ideas for using them. Writer’s notebooks are a fantastic, low-stress way to get kids writing for fun and I look forward to sharing them with more people.
It’s going to be a great week! Make sure you check out the entire tour!