I need your help! This year I will be teaching an enrichment course based on monarch butterflies. One of my focuses will be the Meso-American cultures in central Mexico, where the monarchs migrate. I am looking for great kid’s books(picture book to YA)about Aztecs, Mayans,Purepechua, etc. In other words, I need fiction or non-fiction books about Meso-American cultures in Mexico. So far I have found the following, but I need more!
- Aztec: The Goldsmith’s Daughter
- Tenochtitlan (Digging for the Past)
- Sungods and Sacrifice: Lost World of the Aztecs, Inca and Maya
- The Aztecs: Life in Tenochtitlan (Life in Ancient Civilizations)
- Graphic Myths and Legends: the Smoking Mountain: The Story of Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl: an Aztec Legend (Graphic Universe)
- Aztecs: The Fall of the Aztec Capital (DK Discoveries)
- Aztec, Inca, and Maya (DK Eyewitness Books)
- You Wouldn’t Want to Be an Aztec Sacrifice!
- You Wouldn’t Want to Be a Mayan Soothsayer!: Fortunes You’d Rather Not Tell
- You Wouldn’t Want to Be an Inca Mummy!: A One-Way Journey You’d Rather Not Make
- Ghost Wings
- Calavera Abecedario: A Day of the Dead Alphabet Book
- Day of the Dead
- Uncle Monarch And the Day of the Dead
I am interested in books that look at these cultures in the past and now. I am especially looking for some chapter books/novels. Any ideas?