I was on a 7:33am train this morning, heading to New York. By 8:45am I was strolling down 34th St., headed towards the Javits Convention Center. It was an exhausting but fulfilling day. BEA was huge and overwhelming, but here are a few of the highlights:
- At 9:40am I asked a Scholastic rep where they would be disseminating the Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) at 10am. She pointed off in the distance and said, “They’ve formed a line over there.” “Over there” turned out to be a huge line, wrapped around one whole side of the convention center! But it was well worth it when I was handed my copy of Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games). 🙂
- At 10:20am I made my way over to the Traditional Autograph signing area. Imagine my surprise when I saw that the line for Sarah Dessen was just as long as the line I stood in for Catching Fire! But again, so worth the wait. Sarah Dessen was a complete sweetheart and I got my class an autographed copy of Along for the Ride!
- While waiting in line for Sarah Dessen, I struck up a conversation with the nice girl behind me, who worked for HarperCollins. She actually knew and recognized my blog! That was pretty darn awesome!!
- Scored an ARC of Kristin Cashore’s Fire. Stumbled upon it in the Penguin booth and it was like Christmas morning!
- Lots and lots of books! The Bloomsbury Walker booth had tons of ARCs, which was great. I loved meeting the reps from Egmont, which seems like a fantastic new publisher on the scene. And did I mention books?!
Now, I am completely drained and exhausted. I walked around with two tote bags and a backpack full of books all day. Needless to say, I am sore and tired! But what a great day! I just wish I could have stayed longer and met more authors and bloggers! I am sad I missed out on Maggie Stiefvater, Laini Taylor, Jane Yolen, Kristin Cashore, and so many more!!!!