Over the past few days I have added a bunch of books to my wishlist, thanks to reviews from around the kidlitosphere. Here are just a few of them.
- The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly: This one is getting some Newbery buzz so I immediately added it to my wishlist. Plus, the main character is a budding naturalist.
- Boys Are Dogs by Leslie Margoli: I am always on the lookout for tween-friendly romances and this one seems perfect! Jen recommended it and I loved her review. I really think my 6th grade girls will eat this one up. Romance schmomance!
- Hunger: A Gone Novel by Michael Grant: I just finished Gone and can not wait to read the next book in the series!
- The Magician’s Elephant by Kate DiCamillo : I love Kate DiCamillo and when I found out she will have a new middle grade novel next fall, I was thrilled! It’s already on my wishlist and I am really, really hoping to find an ARC before then!
- One of the Survivors by Susan Shaw: This is the story of a young boy who survives a school fire that kills many of his classmates. Focusing on his struggle to move forward, the novel sounds great!
- Change-up: Mystery at the World Series by Joh Feinstein- I am so excited that John Feinstein has written another book in this series! I love sports mysteries and the first few books are a huge hit in my classroom every year.
- If the Witness Lied by Caroline B. Cooney- A new mystery from Cooney? Sign me up!
Of course, there are so many more books on the horizon that I can’t wait to get my hands on! What are you looking forward to reading in the upcoming months? Any new books that I should know about?