I have been tagged by Mary Lee over at A Year of Reading. I think I will follow her lead and post 7 things about me as a reader.
7 Things about TheReadingZone as a Reader:
1) My to-be-read piles (yes, piles) are strewn about my house, in no particular order. Sometimes, I don’t even know where to begin when it comes to what to read next!
2)Right now, I am reading aloud “The Postcard” by Tony Abbott to my class. My morning class thinks it is ok, and my afternoon class absolutely loves it. That’s what I love about teaching two classes- they can be so different!
3) Right now, I am reading “The Aurora County All-Stars” by Deborah Wiles.
4) I have never read the His Dark Materials books. After the recent controversy, “The Golden Compass” has moved farther down on my to-be-read pile. Not because I don’t want to read it, but because I am tired of hearing about it!
5) I am determined to read the Newbery before it is picked. Maybe not this year, but I do think I have a good shot this year! I have read over 100 children’s/YA books since last January, and about 15 adult books in that same time period.
6) I prefer middle grade/YA lit over adult lit almost any day. I do have a soft spot for chick lit, though. My latest guilty pleasure is the Megan Mccafferty Jessica Darling series. It reminds me of a more grown-up version of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Plus, it takes place in NJ!
7) I am not a huge fan of adventure books, or boy books, as my students call them. I detest “Hatchet” and most Gary Paulsen books. Most likely because I just can’t connect with them!
I tag- everyone! 😉