A few links from around the blogosphere that you might be interested in:
- Betsy Bird was awesome enough to film the ALA Awards live. Want to see what it’s like to be in the room when the awards are announced? Check out Part One of her videos. I know I plan to show the Newbery and Sibert portions to my students later this week.
- If you are anything like me then you are trying to find a way to teach your students how to do research without copying sentences word-for-word from any old website. I.N.K. has a great idea for teaching students how to research and I can’t wait to tweak it for use in my own classroom.
- The Reading Countess asks, “What would our classrooms be like if we didn’t have standardized testing mandated by NCLB?”
- Donalyn Miller, aka The Book Whisperer, shares an email she recently sent to her student’s parents about the importance of completing at-home independent reading. She says so eloquently what I always want to say. Just because there is not written work with independent reading each night does not mean it’s optional or less important than any other homework!
- Be sure to check out the latest edition of the Children’s Literacy Round-up at The Reading Tub!