Tonight I made one of my favorite recipes for dinner and decided it would make a great slice of life.
Gingery Marinated Beef Cubes Recipe
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (including tops) .
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef sirloin or top round beef or boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes .
- 1/4 c soy sauce .
- 5 tbsps oil .
- 1 tsp vinegar .
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds .
- lettuce leaves (optional) .
- 3 garlic cloves, minced .
- 1 tsp sugar .
- 1/4 tsp cayenne .
- 2-3 tsps minced fresh ginger
- Toast sesame seeds in a small frying pan over med-heat/flame, shaking pan frequently until golden (about 3 mins).
- In a bowl, onions, sugar, garlic, mix sesame seeds, ginger, vinegar, soy, cayenne & 1 T. of the oil.
- Add meat, stirring to coat.
- Cover up & put in the fridge for at least 2 hrs or until the next day.
- Heat 2 more T of the oil in a wide frying pan over high heat.
- Add meat, half at a time, stirring, and cook until done to your liking when cut (about 2 mins for medium doneness).
- Repeat with remaining meat, adding remaining oil as needed.
- Serve with rice and steamed broccoli for a delicious meal!